If you do not encourage and motivate your employees, then you cannot get the best ROI from them. Employees are the most valuable assets of your business, and you need to concentrate on employee-retention-programs. In this case, you can give them extra perks and include a wonderful cafeteria in your office for your employees. But, how would you keep them safe and fit? For that, you can start efficient wellness classes in your company. Let’s find out more about these classes.
What are Wellness Classes?
Also known as corporate fitness programs, these programs can improve your employees’ mental and physical health and help them prevent disease and resolve any health issues. These days, many corporate offices are conducting these efficient wellness classes for their employees to make them feel happy and mentally stable. These classes can remove stress from their mind and body and keep them in good condition to get the best returns.
How to Go About These Wellness Classes
- Before you start efficient wellness classes for your employees, you need to create a healthy work environment in your workplace. For that, you can conduct some fitness-relate activities as a team and make some health safety policies for your employees. For example, you can conduct cancer prevention screenings, fitness subsidies and health challenge initiatives for your employees. Plus, you can add healthy food options in your cafeteria and give extra perks to your employees to pay their gym memberships.
- Many of your employees would not want to participate in your efficient wellness classes, because they would prefer to complete their project in hand instead of wasting their time on such programs. In this case, you can poll your employees and see how many are aware of your company’s wellness program. Then you can promote your wellness programs through some marketing materials, and also add to your social media channels in this campaign. You can add a few newsletters in the high traffic areas of your office, like cafeteria and board rooms.
- You need to make your wellness program versatile by including different components in your program. You can add some lifestyle programs such as stress management, weight training, healthy sleep habits and blood pressure or tobacco control programs in your wellness classes. You can also include some books related to wellness programs in your library or cafeteria. Your employees can clear their doubts from these books.
- To measure the success rate of your efficient wellness classes, you can recruit a few executives for the job. They will track your company’s wellness program on a regular basis. Plus, you can easily track your program by communicating with your employees regularly. Measure program participation to get better results. If your employees do not agree to participate in these wellness programs, then you can conduct a survey and get feedback from each of them. They will state their reasons for not participating in this feedback so that you can evaluate the same and work accordingly.
- You cannot force your employees to participate in these wellness programs, but you can easily encourage them by giving them extra benefits. You can offer worksite perks, financial guidance, extra leaves and flexible schedules to participants. Gift cards, extra paid time, and cash incentives can also attract your employees towards your classes.
You would think that why you should invest money on your employees’ health if they themselves are not interested. The reason is that when your employees participate in these efficient wellness classes, they will stay fit, take less medical leaves, and work for your company with an invigorated body and mind. When they know that their employers care for them, they will stay honest to your company, and spend more time in your office, and produce error-free works without any stress.